Today, Harry Haskins’ great grandson Warren Haskins is Chairman of Haskins Garden Centres and is very much involved in developing the business. Well known internationally for its innovative and inventive approach to garden retailing, there have been significant milestones in the success of the business.
And now Haskins is celebrating after taking home several prestigious awards at this year's Garden Centre Association South Thames regional awards.
- Roundstone centre 'Garden Centre of the Year' in the Destination Garden Centre category (1st)
- Ferndown centre 'Garden Care' (1st)
- Ferndown centre 'Barton Grange Trophy for Innovation and Creativity' (1st)
- West End centre 'Garden Care' (2nd)
- Ferndown centre 'Community & Environment' (2nd)
- Roundstone centre 'Garden Care' (3rd)
- Snowhill centre 'Garden Centre of the Year' in the Destination Garden Centre category (3rd)
- Snowhill centre 'Ruxley Rose Plant Area' (next round of judging will take place in the autumn)
Lisa Looker, brand director at Haskins Garden Centres, commented:
"We're delighted to be recognised across multiple categories and it is a fantastic achievement for the group that all centres have been acknowledged. The awards are testament to the hard work of the teams at each centre; we continually strive to provide the best experience for our customers and deliver the best service. We're particularly thrilled with the 'Garden Centre of the Year' category win for our Roundstone centre and is a tribute to all the hard work the team has put in over the last twelve months."
The South Thames regional award winners were announced during a presentation at Squires Garden Centre in Badshot Lea on Tuesday July 17. The categories were inspected by Gordon Emslie, who joined the Garden Centre Association as an inspector in 2017.
The Garden Centre Association represents nearly 200 garden centres nationwide, helping members to achieve high standards in customer service, plant quality and reliability. The annual awards and inspections help drive members' standards across all areas of business including customer service, merchandising, plant quality and marketing.
Haskins has centres in Ferndown in Dorset, West End in Southampton and Roundstone and Snowhill in West Sussex. For more information please click here.