Staff at Haskins Garden Centre in Ferndown complete Virtual Marathon in aid of Faithworks Wessex
Employees working at Haskins in Ferndown have completed a Virtual Marathon by foot, bike or water throughout May, in aid of Faithworks Wessex. In a bid to complete 26 miles each over the course of the month, staff attempted a range of challenges, to include:
Kevin Holmes, Outdoor Manager completed a 26 mile static bike ride each week
Pauline Oxford, Customer Services Team Leader completed a 10km run each week for 4 weeks
- Liz Smith, Retail Assistant swam 60 lengths twice a week
- Simon Hallam, General Manager ran 7 miles to work 4 times throughout the month
- Stacey Bedingfield, Cash Office Assistant ran 5km twice a week for 4 weeks
- Marc Etheridge, Assistant General Manager ran 1 mile a day with his daughters for 26 days
- Jenny Gardner, Customer Service Assistant Team Leader, David Odd, Customer Service Assistant, Hazel Price, Assistant Team Leader Retail, Ashley Ayres, Goods In, Ivan Gill, Goods In and Wendy Atkinson, Retail Assistant all completed 26 miles of walking
- Tristan Harris, Retail Assistant and Andrea Montes, Indoor Manager both completed 26 miles of cycling
- Justin Lane, Assistant Team Leader Indoor Sundries ran 26 miles
- Carol Northam, Customer Services Assistant completed a virtual triathlon with a 26 mile combination of walking, swimming and jogging
- Eve Winwood, Customer Service Assistant cycled 26 miles at the gym
- Becca Legg, Customer Service Assistant walked and cycled 26 miles with other family members
Marc Etheridge, Assistant General Manager at Haskins in Ferndown, commented: “Each team member followed their own dedicated course of completing 26 miles throughout May. We all thoroughly enjoyed this challenge and it’s great to know we raised money for a great cause too.”
The Haskins team have so far raised a total of £271.25 and support can be shown via https://localgiving.org/fundraising/haskins-virtual-marathon.
The Ferndown centre is supporting Faithworks Wessex as its nominated ‘Charity of the Year’ via fundraising activities throughout 2019. The charity helps those in need get out of crisis and isolation, ﬁnding practical solutions around food, finance and shelter. Haskins aims to raise several thousands of pounds for the charity, as well as providing the space for Faithworks Wessex to host information and awareness evenings to raise further donations.
Alistair Doxat-Purser, Chief Executive at Faithworks Wessex, commented: "The Faithworks team just love the ingenuity of the Haskins staff in creating new ways to raise money. We’d like to say thank you so much for finding the time, energy and passion to run or cycle those 26 miles in so many different ways. It's a massive encouragement as we help those escaping homelessness, debt or addiction this week."
Haskins Garden Centre is located in Ferndown, Dorset. Visit www.haskins.co.uk for more information.